Becoming a homestay family can be a very fulfilling experience for all family members as it provides a variety of opportunities to learn about a new culture.
As a local family hosting an international student, you will have the chance to:
- learn about other cultures, customs and traditions
- make lifelong friendships with your student and their family
- participate in activities and meet other host families
When you host an international student, they will become a member of your family. Your student will be a long way from home and in your care. You will be expected to provide them with a safe, supportive and welcoming home environment. As a homestay family, you will be required to:
- provide a furnished bedroom inside the family home
- prove all meals
- provide internet access
- provide the use of facilities
- provide support to your student in their studies
- monitor your student's health and wellbeing
- accept duty of care for your student outside of school hours
- negotiate reasonable expectations of behaviour inside and outside of the home
If you are a local family interested in hosting an international student, contact the school on 8391 1599.