Mount Barker High School requires all students to have access to a device to engage in learning activities. A laptop purchase program has been set up with Learning with Technologies to assist families in purchasing a laptop for the child/children. If you want to see the available laptop options, please visit https://mtbhs.orderportal.com.au. Families are not required to purchase a laptop through this portal, but before purchasing a device for your student, please look at the laptop requirement link below for minimum device requirements.
The Learning Management System (LMS) currently being used at Mount Barker High School is Daymap. It offers students access to all their teachers' learning materials and allows parents to monitor and engage with their child’s learning in real-time.
The Department for Education provides Office 365 for free to all students. Instructions on installing this software are provided during our connection dy each year or when students start at Mount Barker High School.
We encourage all our students to strengthen their digital literacy. Improving their ability to find, evaluate, and compose clear information through writing and other media on various digital platforms.
Why all students require a laptop:
- available for the entire school day; learning is not restricted by the unavailability of school equipment/loan devices
- provides students with the primary tool to access online learning resources and educational applications and store/access their school files
- a seamless transition between home and school learning leads to a more consistent application of school work (assuming a suitable broadband connection at home)
- research suggests that when students have ownership of their devices, their engagement in learning increases, ICT skills improve, and students become more versatile in demonstrating their learning outcomes
- students can become more autonomous learners, improving their self-reliance and resilience and providing a solid grounding for higher learning and employment
We believe this bring-your-own-device (BYOD) system is the best possible solution to maximising your child’s learning outcomes, as his/her device will be able to connect with the school's Daymap platform at any time.
For any further information, please contact the ICT team by calling the school on 8391 1599 and ask to speak to someone in ICT or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Useful Resources and Links:
- Fact sheet Daymap parent portal
- Daymap parent portal video - we do not offer online payment through Daymap
- Fact sheet Daymap mobile app for parents