Mount Barker High School requires all students to have access to a device to engage in learning activities. Currently, a laptop purchase program has been set up with Learning with Technologies to assist families in purchasing a laptop for the child/children. If you are interested in seeing the laptop options available, please visit https://mtbhs.orderportal.com.au. Families are not required to purchase a laptop through this portal, but before purchasing a device for your student, please look at the Laptops Requirement link below for minimum device requirements.
The Learning Management System (LMS) currently being used at Mount Barker High School is DayMap, which not only offers students access to all learning materials provided by their teachers but allows parents to monitor and engage with their child’s learning in real-time.
The Department for Education provides Office 365 for free, to all students. Instructions on how to install this software are provided during our Connection Day each year or when students start at Mount Barker High School.
We encourage all our students to strengthen their digital literacy. Improving their ability to find, evaluate, and compose clear information through writing and other media on various digital platforms.
Why all students require a laptop:
- Available for the entire school day so learning is not restricted by the unavailability of school equipment/loan devices.
- Provides students with the primary tool they need to access online learning resources, educational applications, and store/access their school files.
- Seamless transition between learning at home and learning at school, which leads to a more consistent application to school work (assuming a suitable broadband connection at home).
- Research suggests that when students have ownership of their devices, their engagement in learning increases, ICT skills improve, and students become more versatile in the way they demonstrate their learning outcomes.
- Students can become more autonomous learners, improving their self-reliance and resilience, which provides a more solid grounding for higher learning and employment.
We believe this Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) system is the best possible solution to maximising your child’s learning outcomes, as his/her device will be able to connect with the school's DayMap platform any time at home and at school.
For any further information, please contact the ICT team.
Phone 8391 1599 and ask to speak to someone in ICT or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Useful Resources and Links:
- DayMap Parent Portal Fact Sheet
- DayMap Parent Portal video - we do not offer online payment through DayMap
- DayMap Mobile App for Parents Fact Sheet
- DayMap Parent Portal Logon Link